Transgender Awareness Week – celebrated annually in November – is a crucial time to uplift the voices and experiences of the transgender and nonbinary community through education and action. The week’s activities culminate on November 20th, Transgender Day of Remembrance, a day in which transgender and nonbinary people and allies across the globe come together to honor the lives lost to anti-transgender violence.
This Transgender Awareness Week, the team at Out & Equal has curated a list of our best resources and stories to support greater visibility and awareness of the transgender and nonbinary community. Our message to the trans and nonbinary community is clear: You belong here.
Out & Equal Resources
- Guía de Comunicación Inclusiva para la Inclusión Laboral de Personas Trans y No Binarias (Español)
- 5 Dicas para Usar Linguagem Inclusiva e Neutra (Português)
- Nonbinary Gender Identities: A Diverse Global History
- História Global de Identidades Não Binárias (Português)
- Elevating Voices: Trans Awareness Week
- How to Celebrate Transgender Employees on TDOV and Year-Round
- Transgender Americans Belong: An Open Letter to America’s Employers
- What’s Your Pronoun? Strategies for Inclusion in the Workplace
- Inclusão de Pessoas Transgêneras e Não Binárias no Local de Trabalho Brasileiro (Português)
Transgender and Nonbinary Stories
Watch, enjoy, and share the stories from these amazing transgender and nonbinary leaders.
- Dia de Visibilidade Trans – Yasmin Vitória
- Why Representation Matters: A Conversation with Jen Henderson
- 2020 Summit Highlight: Victor Lim
2021 Workplace Summit Premier Session: Nonbinary in Four Languages
2021 Southern States Forum: Monique Evans keynote
2021 Southern States Forum: Carrie and Kaleb Hall keynote
2021 India Forum: Vihaan Peethambar keynote
2020 Workplace Summit: Victor Lim
2020 Workplace Summit: Breanna Sinclaire
2020 Workplace Summit: Jake Zyrus