China is the world’s second largest economy and has the world’s largest population, with great influence both globally and within the APAC region. Out & Equal has been working with the local NGO Diversity and Inclusion Consulting (DNIC) and other partner companies and organizations in China to increase LGBTQ workplace inclusion since 2017. Since then, we have organized impactful Forums and Roundtables that bring together Chinese and multinational companies across all industries. Participants at these events take part in foundational discussions about LGBTQ inclusion as well as more leading-edge workshops and peer-to-peer education on innovative best practices on creating workplaces where everyone belongs.
We also work year-round to host interactive virtual meetings on a wide variety of topics related to China and the APAC region, bringing in voices from cross-sector companies. Out & Equal also creates digital resources such as toolkits, inclusion guides, and issue briefings in order to make inclusion efforts more accessible for everyone.
For 2021, Out & Equal has transformed our annual Forum in China into a series of quarterly virtual engagements and publications. Each quarter, we will produce resources and meaningful engagements that cover a specific theme. With the creation of exclusive quarterly events, we are able to offer more sustainable and continuous year-round connection points on the issues that matter, as well as provide more unique opportunities for collaboration with our partners.2021 LGBTQI+ China forum: future of work
Learn more about our events in China:
- 2021 Out & Equal LGBTQ China Forum
- 2020 Out & Equal LGBTQ China Forum
- 2019 Out & Equal LGBTQ China Forum
- 2018 China Roundtable
- Virtual Learning Session – Think Global, Impact Local: Perspectives from Shanghai and Beijing
- Virtual Learning Session – LBTQ Women in the Workplace: Perspectives from APAC
- Staying Connected: Supporting Inclusion and Belonging in China
- Blog Post: Only Five Percent of LGBTI Employees in China Feel Comfortable Coming Out at Work
- Blog Post: 27 Taiwanese and Multinational Companies Speak Out for LGBTQ Equality in Taiwan