ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE FORUM
Who is Out & Equal?
Out & Equal is the premier organization working exclusively on LGBTQ workplace equality. Through our worldwide programs, Fortune 500 partnerships and our annual Workplace Summit conference, we help LGBTQ people thrive and support organizations creating a culture of belonging for all.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, and organizations across industries and diverse missions to provide LGBTQ executive leadership development, comprehensive D&I training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
What is the Executive Forum?
The annual Out & Equal Executive Forum (ExFo) brings together global LGBTQ and ally senior executives and individual leaders from multi-national corporations and federal agencies. Combining professional development and in-depth exploration of the global landscape of LGBTQ workplace equality, participants also receive unique networking and peer-to-peer learning opportunities.
When can I access the virtual platform?
As long as you’ve already registered for the conference, you will gain access to the virtual platform on Friday, April 9th. If you register after this date, you will gain access approximately one day after you register.
I never received my email granting me access to the virtual platform. What should I do?
Please make sure you are checking the email account that you used during the registration process – that is where the email would have been sent.
Email subject line: Access to the 2021 Executive Forum!
Email sender: email@example.com
This email may have been sent to your spam folder, please be sure to check there. Also, you may need to contact your company’s IT team and ask them to add Pathable to your approved security list in order to unblock email communications. If you are still unable to find the email, please contact Registration@outandequal.org.
How long will I have access to ExFo content after the event ends?
All attendees will have access to the virtual platform through Friday, April 23rd.
If I need assistance with the virtual platform, how do I get help?
Please go to the Account tab in the navigation bar and select “Support.” You will be able to submit an email ticket to the ExFo platform support team. Please note that the response will be sent to you via email.
Since the ExFo virtual platform is Zoom based, what can I do if my company does not permit the use of Zoom?
Please reference the below Zoom Workaround document below.download zoom restrictions pdf
What do I do if I can’t see or hear a webinar-type General Session on my screen?
Here are three solutions that might help you make the session visible and/or audible:
- Zoom offers every attendee the ability to watch the webinar from the Zoom app. As soon as the session starts, a webinar link will be found below the video that will take the attendee into the Zoom environment.
- Make sure “Join Audio by Computer” button in the center of the webinar screen is selected.
- If you do not hear sound, select the “Audio Setting” menu in the lower left-hand corner of the webinar window. Try changing to one of the other “Select a Speaker” options if other options are displayed.
What do I do if I can’t see or hear meeting-style sessions (i.e. Workshops, Networking Events)?
One of these solutions may make the session visible and/or audible:
- Ensure your volume is not turned down or muted on your device.
- Refresh the page.
- Try using Chrome or Microsoft Edge as your web browser.
- Clear the cookies/cache/history in your browser.
- Try opening the site in an ‘incognito’ or ‘private’ browser window.
- Close all windows and programs not needed for the event.
- Make sure you have good internet access. Are there others using your connection?
- Ensure that all ad-blocking software in your browser is turned off.
- Ensure that any VPN you may have is disabled.
- If a company device is being used, it may have security protocols that can interfere. If that is the case, use a personal device and see if that makes a difference.
These resources may also be of use:
- Zoom camera/audio issues with users with Kapersky security software: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004144906-Allow-Camera-and-Microphone-Access-in-Kaspersky
- Video/camera issues with Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202952568-My-Video-Camera-Isn-t-Working
- How to clear cache/cookies in Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
What ExFo Workshop tracks am I able to participate in?
Attendees may focus on one track or participate in sessions across all three. Many of these workshop sessions will be interactive Zoom video meetings in order to facilitate interaction and dialogue.
- LGBTQ Leadership Track The three workshops under this track will explore key competencies for LGBTQ leaders: strategic vulnerability, power and influence, and leveraging your experiential knowledge for business strategy. Topics include corporate storytelling, board/community engagement, and leading teams.
- DEI Best Practices These workshops will explore cutting-edge topics around diversity, equity and inclusion work. Potential topics include: leading DEI initiatives after COVID/for remote workers; leveraging BRGS for maximum impact; latest work on trans/NB inclusion
- Intersectional Advocacy Intended for both LGBTQ and ally leaders and DEI practitioners, this track emphasizes empathy and connection as key leadership competencies. Workshops in this track underscore the need for intersectional approaches to DEI efforts and offer ways for participants to leverage their voices for inclusion.
What happens if I miss a Workshop session?
Due to our workshop tracks being highly interactive, only a limited number will be recorded and available to view later on-demand (these will be noted on the platform).
If I can no longer attend a session, what should I do?
If you added the session to your agenda, please remove the session. Doing so will open a seat for another attendee.
Do I have to reserve a spot in a session to attend?
You are not required to reserve a spot in a session. However, if you do not reserve a spot the session will not be added to your personal agenda.
I’ve heard great things about the ExFo Buddy Program. Can I still sign up?
Yes – you can sign up for the ExFo Buddy Program until Wednesday, April 7th during the event registration process.
What is the IBM Global LGBT+ Innovation Jam?
Co-sponsored by the IBM Institute for Business Value, Out & Equal, and Workplace Pride, the Global LGBT+ Innovation Jam will be an international online event taking place over 34 continuous hours starting April 13, 8am ET. Please tune into our General Session “The State of Our Community: The 2021 IBV LGBT+ Study and Jam” taking place on Tuesday, April 13 from 5-6pm ET to learn more.
How do I access the Global LGBT+ Innovation Jam?
You must register to attend – please click HERE. Upon registering, you will receive an email that will provide you with your unique link to access the Global LGBT+ Innovation Jam.
How do I register a group?
If you’d like to register a group of over 10 attendees, please contact Registration@outandequal.org.
How much does ExFo registration cost?
The full cost to attend ExFo is $1,500. We also offer discounted rates for government employees. Please note that your ExFo registration also includes registration for the 2021 Workplace Summit.
How do I register as a government employee?
Please contact Registration@outandequal.org to obtain the separate link to register as a Government employee. Please note that you must have a .gov or .mil email address to be eligible for the Government rate.
What forms of payment are accepted?
For the 2021 Executive Forum, all registrations must be paid for with a credit card. Registrations will not be considered complete without the application of a credit card, so please have a credit card available before beginning your registration.
If your company requires that you make a payment via check, please contact Registration@outandequal.org to pre-pay for your registration. You will be issued a code which can be used to settle your balance online in the registration process. Please note that due to COVID-19, there may be up to a week’s delay in processing check payments.
How do I access the virtual event platform?
Once the virtual event platform has launched, attendees who have registered will automatically receive an email containing a link to access the platform.
I can no longer attend and no one can go in my place. What do I do?
A $100 Cancellation Processing Fee will be charged for all cancellation requests and the following additional fees will apply:
– Until Monday, March 1: registration purchase is 100% refundable (except for mandatory $100 processing fee)
– From March 2 to March 12: 50% of the total registration purchase is non-refundable.
– No refund of any kind will be given for cancellation notices received after March 12, 2021.
I can no longer attend but someone else can go in my place. How do I substitute?
Name changes and substitutions for registrations from the same organization are welcomed until March 31st, 2021. After this point, transfers will not be accepted and refunds for cancellations will not be given.
Please contact Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance substituting your substitution.
SPONSOR COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION CODES
I was given a code to register and it isn’t working. What do I do?
Please contact Registration at email@example.com for assistance applying your code to your registration.
My company is an Out & Equal partner, but I was not given a discount code. Where do I retrieve my code?
As a partner, your company may have been given a limited number of complimentary codes for company attendees. These codes MUST be distributed by the designated sponsorship contact at your company, and cannot be distributed by the Registration team or Out & Equal. If you believe you should have received a code for registration, please contact your company representative. If you do not know who the company representative is, please contact Partnerships@outandequal.org.