We have prepared the following sample social media messaging in consultation with a coalition of LGBTQ organizations to guide businesses and ERGs as they react to today’s Supreme Court decision.
- Great ruling by the Supreme Court says LGBTQ people must be treated equally at work. The fight isn’t over! We still need the Equality Act for full protections for LGBTQ people.
- BREAKING: Today, the Supreme Court has affirmed that no employer has the right to discriminate against a person because of their gender identity or their sexual orientation. This is a victory! #TitleVII
- Today, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of protecting LGBTQ people from workplace discrimination, but the fight is not yet over. More than ever, we need the #EqualityAct to make sure that LGBTQ people are protected in every state and nationally. #TitleVII
- This major victory upholds the right for LGBTQ people to exist at work, free of discrimination—but LGBTQ folks need basic protections in every facet of life. This is why we need the #EqualityAct.
- The Supreme Court’s ruling will directly improve the lives of 11.5 million gay, lesbian, and bisexual people and 1.5 million transgender people living in the U.S. Now we need Congress to catch up and pass the #EqualityAct. #TitleVII
- LGBTQ people experience harassment and bullying in restaurants, at school, in federal programs, and in public spaces. We need legal protections from discrimination and violence, not just at work, but for everywhere we exist. We need the #EqualityAct
- [Company Name] stands for LGBTQ equality and against discrimination. We will always stand with all of our team members to bring their full selves to work.