Last Updated: May 17, 2023
Out & Equal
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Oakland, CA 946212
1. HOW WE COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you visit our Registration Portal, Site or access the Hub, we will collect the following personal information about you via the following methods and sources:
- Through a registration form for our events on our Registration Portal, we may collect your name, email, work address, zip code, company, job title, mobile phone, social media IDs, pronoun, sexual orientation, gender identity, if you identify as transgender, if you identify as intersex, race/ethnicity, birth year, emergency contact details, dietary restrictions, accessibility requests and birth year. This information will be used to personalize your event experience such as presenting you with specific events that may be of interest to you, respond to your queries during the event, organise catering, assess how inclusive the event was, contact your next of kin in case of an emergency and send you newsletters and information about future events. If you have consented and it is in compliance with applicable laws, we will send you marketing communications regarding future events that we believe may be of interest to you. If you later decide that you no longer want to receive this type of marketing or promotional information, you may opt-out at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the marketing communication.
- Through the sign up function for our Newsletter on our Site, we may collect your name, email address, zip code, company name, and job title to fulfill your request to sign up for our Newsletter. You may unsubscribe from the Newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link that appears at the end of each newsletter.
- Through our “Contact” link on our Site, we may collect your name, email address, and any other personal information you chose to share in your request. This information will be used to respond to your questions or requests for information.
- Through our “Donate” link on our Site, if you choose to donate to Out & Equal, you will be required to provide your name, address, email address, and payment information. We use a PCI-compliant third party payment processor to process debit and credit card payments, so we do not collect payment card information directly.
- Through the Hub, which is our “one-stop-shop” virtual education and engagement center for organizations, diversity and inclusion practitioners, employee resource groups, and other professionals working for LGBTQ workplace inclusion, we will collect personal information from you to fulfill your requests via the following Hub features:
- Resource Library: A centralized repository of resources where users can upload, download, comment on, endorse, and share a variety of tools to increase the effectiveness of workplace equality initiatives. You may choose to share certain personal information when using this feature.Community Message Board: A messaging platform for workplace advocates across the globe to connect, post, and reply to discussions, ask questions, and engage in dialogue. Any information you choose to post on the Community Message Board will be visible by all of our members.Employee Resource Group (ERG) Registry: A geospatial map representing the location of LGBTQ ERGs across the globe, allowing ERGs to find one another, connect, and mobilize around the issues that matter most. We use the address that you enter for your ERG during registration to create this map unless you choose to opt out of the listing of your ERG.
- Events Calendar: An open-sourced calendar enabling users to find, register, share, and connect to both in-person and virtual programming and events. You may choose to share certain personal information when you register for events.
- Other Automatically Collected Information: When you visit our Site, our servers automatically collect limited information about your computer when you visit our Site. This information may include the type of browser software you use, the operating system you are running, the IP address assigned to your computer or Internet connection, and the IP address of the website, if any, that referred you to our Site. We use this information to understand how visitors navigate through our Sites, to enhance your experience while using our Site, and to make the materials we post as valuable to visitors as possible.
Cookies: Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We use a combination of first party and third party cookies on our Site and the Hub. First-party cookies are served from the outandequal.org domain and are technically necessary for us to provide the Site and the Hub and to enable certain features of the Site and the Hub, such as to remember your login details. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer or mobile device. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this. If you decide not to accept cookies from us, however, our Site and the Hub may not function properly.
Currently, the following necessary cookies are being used on the Hub:
- CookieLawInfo-CheckBox-Necessary –Cookie set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and used to store the user consent to necessary cookies.
- CookieLawInfo-CheckBox-Functional –Cookie set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin that is used to record user consent to functional cookies.
- CookieLawInfo-CheckBox-Performance –Cookie set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin that is used to store user consent to performance cookies.
- CookieLawInfo-CheckBox-Analytics –Cookie set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin that is used to store user consent to analytics cookies.
- CookieLawInfo-CheckBox-Others –Cookie set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin that is used to store user consent to other cookies.
We process this personal information as necessary for us:
- To provide our Services to our partners, potential partners, and visitors to our Site;
- To fulfill our legitimate interests, including to manage our business operations; to take steps to prevent, detect or investigate crime, fraud, misconduct or any unlawful action or omission; to comply with policies and procedures under applicable regulations, guidelines or notices as well as our own policies and procedures;
- To inform you of our Services and relevant news; and
- For other purposes with notice to you and with your consent where necessary.
To the extent we rely on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing of your personal information, we have considered the balance between our own interests (among other things, the lawful and efficient operation of our Services) and your interests and we believe that (a) you would reasonably expect us to carry out the kind of processing referenced above and (b) such processing will not cause you any harm and/or will not seriously impact your rights and freedoms with regard to data privacy. You have the right to withdraw any consent given to us for the processing of your personal information.
2. DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our third-party service providers, which we prohibit from using or disclosing your personal information except as necessary to provide services to us. We may also disclose or allow government and law enforcement officials access to certain personal information, in response to a subpoena, search warrant or court order (or similar requirement), or in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Finally, we may share personal information when we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
For the avoidance of doubt, Out & Equal may share your personal information in additional manners pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so.
We may transfer your personal information to a third party that is located in a jurisdiction other than the one from which we collected your personal information, including to countries that have not been deemed to have an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects. If we do transfer your personal information to another jurisdiction, we will do so following due diligence and provided that the data recipient is subject to contractual agreements imposing obligations on it to ensure appropriate technical and organization measures are implemented and maintained at all times to present the unauthorized and unlawful processing of personal information, and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal information, consistent with our obligations under applicable data protection laws.
3. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory accounting, or reporting requirements.
4. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information that we receive against the unauthorized disclosure, use, alteration, or destruction.
5. YOUR CHOICES & RIGHTS
You have a number of rights under applicable data protection laws in relation to your personal information. Under certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- Have access to your personal information by submitting a request to us;
- Have your personal information deleted;
- Have your personal information corrected if it if wrong;
- Have the processing of your personal information restricted;
- Object to further processing of your personal information, including to object to marketing from us;
- Make a data portability request;
- Withdraw any consent you have provided to us; and
- Restrict any automatic processing of your personal information.
To exercise any of these rights, please email us at email@example.com. Please note, however, we may not accommodate a request to access or delete your personal information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
6. CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Do Not Track: Our websites and apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
“Shine the Light” and “Eraser” Laws: Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain information during the preceding year for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
7. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
10. CONTACT US
You can also contact us by writing to us at the following address:
Out & Equal
1901 Harrison Street, Suite 1100
Oakland, CA 946212
If you are located in the United Kingdom or European Economic Area (“EEA”) and believe we have not adequately resolved any issues, you may contact the Supervisory Authority concerned