Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal is seeking to hire an intern to support the O&E University over a four-month period. The intern must be organized, creative, highly motivated and possess strong communication skills. The intern will report to the O&E University director.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Out & Equal University offers a variety of LGBTQ cultural competency training and expert consulting to support diversity and inclusion strategies, build employee resource group value and help organizations establish effective LGBTQ-focused initiatives. Beyond training and consulting, Out & Equal University provides D&I practitioners with cutting-edge research and best practices through our free webinars, online resource library, Leadership Day & the Workplace Summit. The intern will be responsible for providing support to the O&E University department leading up to the 2018 Workplace Summit.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Provide support around workshop selection and programming for Summit and Leadership Day
- Support webinar execution by inviting speakers and coordinating necessary meetings and follow-up
- Maintain metrics and evaluation program data for all training, consulting, and educational programming
- Assist O&E University Director on analysis, reporting and data gathering
- Respond to inquiries about education, consulting and/or the annual Summit, including phone and email follow-up with participants and volunteers
- Provide administrative support to O&E University
- Provide on-site support/information for volunteers, presenters, and general attendees
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with LGBTQ issues
- Demonstrated commitment to LGBTQ equality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for work
- Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team-style environments
- Proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
$19.00 per hour with expectation of working 37.5 hours per week with overtime paid at 1.5x.
The internship is expected to begin May 15, 2018 and conclude by August 31, 2018.
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.