About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Learning & Development, this individual will play a key role in providing innovative, leading edge trainings on intersectional approaches to LGBTQ inclusion in the workplace. The successful L&D Manager will provide logistical and administrative oversight of Out & Equal’s training programs as well as facilitation of on-site trainings and webinars.
This job is for you if:
- You have high standards for your work and are proud to contribute to a mission-driven organization.
- You have a passion for workplace diversity & inclusion.
- You are able to juggle multiple short- and long-term projects independently.
- You are collaborative and flexible in your communication and project management styles.
- You’re excited about the prospect of joining a team that is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
- Coordinating the workshop selection process for Out & Equal’s annual Workplace Summit, a conference attended by over 6,000 individuals across over 700 of the Fortune 100 companies.
- Manage communication and arrange logistics with workshop presenters
- Steward speakers for ticketed events and featured panels, including invitations, preparatory meetings, and other follow-up
- Liaise with other Out & Equal departments around Learning & Development needs
- Obtain SHRM and HRCI credits for the educational events
- Assist the Director with planning conference programming and organizing pre-conference reading and supplies
- Prepare guides for attendees, workshop presenters and other speakers
- Assist with general event organizing and execution onsite as assigned
Training and Consulting
- Facilitate trainings and webinars
- Develop supplemental training materials, including best practices guides
- Maintain detailed and organized records of all training partners and potential partners
- Assist Learning & Development Director on analysis, research, and data gathering as needed
- Maintain database of Out & Equal speakers and presenters
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all major organizational events
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experiences
As the incoming Learning & Development manager, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- 3-5 years’ experience in corporate education, diversity and inclusion training, or other learning and development background
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ community and commitment to LGBTQ equality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team-style environments
- Proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with Salesforce a plus!
- Experience with developing content for learning management systems
Compensation, Schedule, and Location
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA, with travel required approximately three times per year. Occasional work during evenings and weekends will be required. Compensation will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks’ paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
How to Apply
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above and (2) your resume.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, submit a resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience here: https://outandequal.org/apply/