Out & Equal is the premier organization working exclusively on LGBTQ workplace equality. Through our worldwide programs, Fortune 500 partnerships, and our annual Workplace Summit conference, we help LGBTQ people thrive and support organizations creating a culture of belonging for all.
- Coordinate the Workplace Summit and other event workshop selection process
- Coordinate communication and arrange logistics with session presenters
- Maintain database of Out & Equal speakers and presenters
- Steward speakers for ticketed events and featured panels, including invitations, preparatory meetings, and other follow-up
- Liaise with other Out & Equal departments around Learning & Development needs
- Obtain SHRM and HRCI credits for the educational events
- Assist the Director with planning conference programming and organizing pre-conference reading and supplies
- Prepare guides for attendees, workshop presenters and other speakers
- Assist with general event organizing and execution onsite as assigned
Training and Consulting
- Facilitate trainings and webinars execution by developing topics in consultation with Director, inviting and stewarding speakers, acting as the webinar (co-)host and coordinating meetings and follow-up
- Support the development of research and curriculum through engaging and creating innovative and cutting edge thought leadership and program execution
- Develop supplemental training materials, including best practices guides
- Maintain detailed and organized records of all training partners and potential partners
- Assist Learning & Development Director on analysis, research, and data gathering as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ideal candidates will have min. 3-5 years experience in corporate education, diversity and inclusion training, or other learning and development background preferred
- Ability to operate in both live and virtual learning environments
- Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ community and commitment to LGBTQ equality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team-style environments
- Proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with Salesforce a plus!
Compensation, Schedule, and Location
This is a full-time position based in Oakland, CA, or Washington, DC with travel required approximately three times per year. Occasional work during evenings and weekends will be required. Compensation will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $55,000 to $65,000 per year.
Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks’ paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
How to Apply
Providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all is at the heart of Out & Equal’s mission, and we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through our hiring practices and the values we bring to our work every day. We strongly encourage people of color, trans and nonbinary people, people with disabilities, and women to apply for open positions. Out & Equal complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above and (2) your resume.
To apply, submit a resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience here: https://outandequal.org/apply/