Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal is seeking to hire a Communications Manager to drive social media and creative design of Out & Equal. This individual must be a creative, experienced self-starter with an understanding of LGBT and business media marketing. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Communications Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and directing Out & Equal’s social media, creative design projects and the on-going creative support for all departments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage all Out & Equal social media accounts including posting, increasing engagement, developing and executing ‘follower-building” starts
- Act as on-staff designer and execute in-house design projects
- Lead and execute all Out & Equal collateral projects including Summit Program Book, Executive Forum Binders, Summit signage, etc.
- Provide ongoing design and creative support on in-house projects including Development Brochure, Summit post cards, etc.
- Act as strategic visionary on Communications and Branding projects
- Provide ongoing support to Communications department as needed
- Managing, planning, directing, controlling and implementing public relations strategy with an aggressive communications program in the media markets including social media with an emphasis on Out & Equal programs, media advocacy and support for fundraising events;
- Providing consultation and training for board and staff to ensure effective implementation of communications initiatives; including the branding of Out & Equal.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field and a minimum of three years’ experience, non-profit experience a plus, as well as a portfolio of communications materials;
- Excellent communication skills, ability to handle multiple projects under deadline pressure, be detail and results-oriented;
- Demonstrative experience with creative design aspects related to website, social media and marketing;
- Proven ability to create communications tailored to corporate and constituent audience;
- Ability to work with and collaborate with a diverse team;
- Ability to work comfortably and efficiently under tight timelines and strong, effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated experience producing high quality graphic materials essential;
- Knowledge of the latest advances in effective use of Internet technologies;
- Media relations experience, including media sponsorship negotiation and pitching to local TV, print and radio on an on-going basis.
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation but 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review. This is an FTE position located in our San Francisco location. The position reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to PBerkowitz@outandequal.org. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.