Around the world, we have seen instances of the business community leading the momentum for LGBTQI+ inclusion, well ahead of legal and societal changes. However, the business community continues to need support in how they effectively navigate broad challenges to LGBTQI+ equality.
Out & Equal is proud to release this self-evaluation guide on LGBTQI+ workplace inclusion in an attempt to move beyond checklists and evolve to flexible tools of individual empowerment and organizational change, supporting employers to identify gaps between policy and culture.
- Navigating the path of LGBTQI+ inclusion requires a multidimensional view to understand the totality of the route, avoid possible obstacles, and even find a few shortcuts.
- This toolkit is not intended to establish a publicly shared inclusion score. Instead, it is designed to be a learning, self-evaluation, and improvement tool.
- We encourage all businesses, large and small, to submit their participation in this self-assessment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The toolkit is divided into three components:
- Equality as a Matter of Policy: The “What” and the essentials of non-discrimination policies and benefits to ensure equality among LGBTQI+ and non-LGBTQI+ workers.
- Building and Sustaining an Inclusive Culture: The internal and external practices that the business needs to build and sustain cultures of inclusion and belonging.
- Everyday Experiences of Inclusion Efforts: A mini-survey to share with your employees to identify possible gaps between policies, programs, and inclusive culture practices versus the day-to-day realities for employees.