You are a detail-oriented project manager who is passionate about global issues and equality and respect for LGBTQ people. You are a culturally sensitive strategic thinker who works well with others from diverse backgrounds and geographies. You are comfortable in both corporate and advocacy settings, and you’re an exceptional writer with a knack for clarity. You have solid experience in event production, communications, and building and maintaining networks across diverse individuals and groups.
You are responsible for managing Out & Equal’s global events, programs and networks. You will play a key role in developing and maintaining global partnerships and networks, organizing and implementing global events, and creating and delivering global education, capacity-building programs and resources for corporate and NGO partners. You will work with a variety of stakeholders from corporations, civil society groups and multilateral organizations. You will use your strong communications skills to help publicize the organization’s global programs and activities across a variety of communications channels.
About the Organization
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Senior Director of Global Initiatives, the Global Initiatives Manager will:
- Co-develop and implement the organization’s global strategy and activities in collaboration with the Senior Director of Global Initiatives and other key stakeholders
- Manage the organization’s global events, including Global Forums and Roundtables, which includes programming, logistics, communications, production, agenda development, invitations, planning meetings, minutes and other activities as needed
- Oversee bi-monthly Global Webinar series including interacting with in-country presenters, assisting with consolidating presentations, reviews, developing materials, outreach, walk-throughs, hosting webinars and follow-up
- Manage the Out & Equal Global Fellows program, including communications, outreach, applications, selection, documentation, logistics and follow-up
- Work with Sr. Director of Global Initiatives in managing Out & Equal’s global networks, including:
- Global Champions
- Global Advisory Committee
- Global Partner Network
- Rapid Response Network
- Manage the development and implementation of the organization’s globally focused content and activities at key conferences and events including Workplace Summit and Executive Forum
- Manage communications to create momentum and awareness and drive engagement and attendance at Out & Equal’s global programs and events
- Conduct research on global issues in support of the organization’s global programs and activities
- Oversee development and curation of globally focused content, drawing from a variety of sources and stakeholders
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Five-plus years of experience in project management, global initiatives and/or LGBTQ advocacy
- Proven knowledge of and interest in global affairs
- Knowledge of LGBTQ issues
- Experience in a corporate and/or non-profit environment
- A demonstrated commitment to equality for LGBTQ people
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Interest and ability to thrive in a busy, collaborative environment, including the ability to easily balance being available to staff and staying focused on details
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent project and time management skills
- High level of organization, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Strong proficiency with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for work
- International experience and non-profit experience are pluses
Competitive compensation is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include four weeks paid vacation in addition to 12 office holidays; medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members, their dependents and spouse or domestic partner; life insurance; and, 401(k) plan with employer match and safe harbor.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis. Applications must include (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above, (2) resume, (3) salary expectations. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org – applications submitted through auto-applying via job search site will not be reviewed. No phone calls please. Position may be based in San Francisco or Washington, DC.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.