Join a dynamic team of movement leaders creating global LGBTQ workplace equality!
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal Global Initiatives Department is seeking an Intern to provide support in delivering key global programs and activities. This position will support the department’s efforts to strengthen and expand global partnerships, organize and implement global events, and create and deliver global training, education and resources for corporate partners.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Global Initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Global Initiatives Intern will support the Global Initiatives Department in a variety of ways. Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the organization and planning of global events, including logistics, communications, invitations and other activities as needed
- Conducting research on global topics and issues
- Draft summaries, synopses, reports and other written materials in support of the department’s activities
- Assist with the administration of the Out & Equal Global Fellows program, including documentation, logistics and follow up
- Developing both PowerPoint and narrative presentations
- Assist with managing Out & Equal Global Webinars
- Developing and managing contact lists
- Assisting in the development and planning of Global Initiatives content and programming for the 2018 Workplace Summit
- Conducting outreach and follow-up with corporate and NGO partners on behalf of the department
- Preparing minutes for department calls and meetings and providing administrative support to department staff
- Other Global Initiatives duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven knowledge of and interest in global affairs
- Familiarity with LGBT issues
- Experience in a corporate and/or non-profit environment
- A strong commitment to workplace equality for LGBT people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for work
- Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team style environments
- Proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- International experience and non-profit experience are pluses
$19.00 per hour with expectation of working 37.5 hours per week with overtime paid at 1.5x.
The internship is expected to begin July 16th, 2018 and conclude by November 15th,2018.
Physical activity requirements
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.