About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups, and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination. Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit, where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Working under the supervision of the Sr. Director, Corporate Engagement, the Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of corporate donors while sourcing and cultivating potential corporations not currently a corporate partner of Out & Equal. As steward and primary point of contact for new companies, the Corporate Engagement Manager is responsible for responding to new inquiries, monitoring and managing intake calls, and building account relationships from introduction through commitment. In addition to meeting business development and relationship management goals, the Corporate Engagement Manager negotiates and executes Partnership Agreements with corporate partners and ensures precise execution and fulfillment of completed Partnership Agreements as assigned. As a member of the Corporate Engagement Team, the Corporate Engagement Manager supports, develops, and executes fundraising initiatives and campaigns for Out & Equal. This will be a public-facing role where relationship-building skills, acute attention to detail, project management skills, and enthusiasm for the organization’s vision and mission with corporate change agents are essential to success.
You are a strategic, creative thinker and have a proven track record in fundraising and relationship management. Ability to effectively assess funder needs aligned to Out & Equal events, programs, and initiatives, building rapport and trust with others. Proactively pursue partner opportunities, ultimately resulting in the cultivation of new relationships and elevating existing partnerships to meet Out & Equal’s Corporate Engagement revenue goals and account management objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and provide strategic assistance to Corporate Engagement leadership in the intake and fulfillment of new and existing partner contracts.
- Field ongoing new partnership inquiries and set up strategic prospecting meetings
- Develop and implement strategies for growing an assigned portfolio while acquiring new corporate partners on behalf of Out & Equal
- Research and recruit potential partners with written proposals, presentations, and follow-up to generate new business and revenue.
- Manage corporate relationships by providing high touch communication and frequent opportunities for engagement
- Work with CRM software such as Salesforce to accurately track and report out various details of partnership information.
- Issue and track event Partnership Agreements and invoices to meet audit and finance requirements
- Work collaboratively with Out & Equal internal staff to ensure all corporate partner expectations are met
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all major organizational events
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Well organized, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion policies and practices within the corporate space
- Takes initiative – Works well independently as well as a team player
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills
- Sincere commitment to work closely with all constituents
- Exemplify professional relationship management skills building confidence, rapport, and trust
- Develop solutions to challenges to overcome roadblocks
- Ability to negotiate with good business sense
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Thrives working with and supporting a diverse workforce
Salary Range: $75,000 to $84,000 annual
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.