About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
The Associate, Global Stakeholder Engagement is responsible for playing various roles within the Global Stakeholder Engagement team, splitting responsibilities across domestic Stakeholder Engagement and Global Initiatives. Reporting to the Managing Director, Global Stakeholder Engagement (with project and task supervision occasionally done by the senior managers), this individual will play a key role in developing, supporting and maintaining domestic and global networks, stakeholder relationships, as well as domestically- and globally-focused content, events and resources. The associate will work with a variety of stakeholders from corporations, civil society groups and multilateral organizations. Great attention to detail, project management skills to balance multiple tasks and enthusiasm for the organization’s vision and goals domestically and around the world are essential to success.
This job is for you if:
- You have high standards for your work and are proud to contribute to a mission-driven organization.
- You are self-motivated and excited to learn and become a subject matter expert in current workplace inclusion trends.
- You are able to juggle multiple short and long term projects independently.
- You are collaborative and flexible in your communication and project management styles.
- You’re excited about the prospect of joining a team that is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
Events & Conference Support
- Support the team’s events, which includes programming, communications, list management, production and agenda development for domestic and global events.
- Manage processes such as travel logistics, invitations, planning meetings, minutes and other activities as needed.
- Maintain contacts and draft communications for Southern States Strategy.
- Review and proof communications and collateral for Southern States initiatives and policy initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with our network of global partners and stakeholders, maintaining steady streams of communication regarding relevant updates and Out & Equal’s global programming.
- Manage scheduling of calls with external stakeholders.
- Oversee various Global Initiatives email inboxes and respond to all relevant inquires and requests.
- Work with the Communications team to create momentum, awareness and drive engagement and attendance at Out & Equal’s global programs and events.
Research and Resource Development
- Support development of new resources with research, drafting and cataloguing of materials.
- Conduct research on emerging global and policy matters in support of the organization’s programs.
- Support the development and implementation of the organization’s globally focused content and activities at key conferences and events including Workplace Summit and Executive Forum.
- Support the bi-monthly Global Webinar series, under supervision of the Global Initiatives Senior Manager, including topic development, interacting with in-country presenters, consolidating presentations, outreach, walk-throughs, hosting webinars and follow-up.
- Manage invoicing, reimbursements and logistics for domestic events and globally-focused events.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all major organizational events
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experiences
As the incoming Associate, Global Stakeholder Engagement, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Full fluency and abilities to produce reports and analysis across Microsoft Office suite, namely well-designed PowerPoints; organized Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; ability to collaborate across the organization.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability/desire to multi-task.
- Experience developing creative approaches to difficult communications challenges.
- Flexible and adaptable thinker, open-minded problem-solver with an ability to produce results despite changing or ambiguous circumstances, adaptive and willing to take on a variety of new assignments.
- Integrity, judgment, and discretion: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- A strong commitment to using intersectional approaches to promote Out & Equal’s mission of workplace inclusion for all; experience with LGBTQ issues and communities a plus.
- Language fluency beyond English a plus.
Compensation, Schedule, and Location
This is a full-time position based in Washington, DC, with possible required travel, including globally, approximately three to five times per year. Occasional work during evenings and weekends will be required. Compensation will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $45,000 to $50,000 per year.
Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks’ paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
How to Apply
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above and (2) your resume.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, submit a resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience here: https://outandequal.org/apply/
Providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all is at the heart of Out & Equal’s mission, and we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through our hiring practices and the values we bring to our work every day. We strongly encourage people of color, trans and nonbinary people, people with disabilities, and women to apply. Out & Equal complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.