ABOUT THE WORKPLACE SUMMIT
Who is Out & Equal?
Out & Equal is the premier organization working exclusively on LGBTQ workplace equality. Through our worldwide programs, Fortune 500 partnerships and our annual Workplace Summit conference, we help LGBTQ people thrive and support organizations creating a culture of belonging for all.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, and organizations across industries and diverse missions to provide LGBTQ executive leadership development, comprehensive D&I training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
I never received my email granting me access to the virtual platform. What should I do?
Please make sure you are checking the email account that you used during the registration process – that is where the email would have been sent.
Email subject line: Access to the 2021 Workplace Summit!
Email sender: SummitSupport@outandequal.org
This email may have been sent to your spam folder, please be sure to check there. Also, you may need to contact your company’s IT team and ask them to add Pathable to your approved security list in order to unblock email communications. If you are still unable to find the email, please contact SummitSupport@outandequal.org.
How long will I have access to Summit content after the event ends?
All attendees will have access to the virtual platform for three weeks after Summit concludes (until Friday, October 29th).
If I need assistance with the virtual platform, how do I get help?
Please go to the Account tab in the navigation bar and select “Support.” You will be able to submit an email ticket to the Summit platform support team.
Since the Summit virtual platform is Zoom based, what can I do if my company does not permit the use of Zoom?
Please reference the below Zoom Workaround for Summit document below.
What do I do if I can’t see or hear a webinar-type Workshop on my screen?
Here are three solutions that might help you make the session visible and/or audible:
- Zoom offers every attendee the ability to watch the webinar from the Zoom app. As soon as the session starts, a webinar link will be found below the video that will take the attendee into the Zoom environment.
- Make sure “Join Audio by Computer” button in the center of the webinar screen is selected.
- If you do not hear sound, select the “Audio Setting” menu in the lower left-hand corner of the webinar window. Try changing to one of the other “Select a Speaker” options if other options are displayed.
What do I do if I can’t see or hear another type of session (i.e. meeting Workshop, Plenary, or Premier Session)?
One of these solutions may make the session visible and/or audible:
- Ensure your volume is not turned down or muted on your device.
- Refresh the page.
- Try using Chrome or Microsoft Edge as your web browser.
- Clear the cookies/cache/history in your browser.
- Try opening the site in an ‘incognito’ or ‘private’ browser window.
- Close all windows and programs not needed for the event.
- Make sure you have good internet access. Are there others using your connection?
- Ensure that all ad-blocking software in your browser is turned off.
- Ensure that any VPN you may have is disabled.
- If a company device is being used, it may have security protocols that can interfere. If that is the case, use a personal device and see if that makes a difference.
These resources may also be of use:
- Zoom camera/audio issues with users with Kapersky security software: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004144906-Allow-Camera-and-Microphone-Access-in-Kaspersky
- Video/camera issues with Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/202952568-My-Video-Camera-Isn-t-Working
- How to clear cache/cookies in Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
For Workshops, what is the difference between webinars, meetings and hybrid sessions?
Workshops will be tagged as “Live Webinar” or “Live Meeting”. Webinars are one-way discourse (attendees can only view/hear speakers). Attendees in video meetings will be able to appear on camera and unmute themselves. (You can choose to remain on mute or off camera.)
What is Summit On Demand?
Summit On Demand content is pre-recorded workshops for your convenience. These sessions will be available starting on Tuesday, September 28th.
What happens if I miss a live session?
If you missed a session, you should be able to access the recording once available. To watch the recording, go to the ‘Agenda’ page and select the session. Recordings for live sessions may take up to two hours to appear.
If I can no longer attend a session, what should I do?
If you added the session to your agenda, please remove the session. Doing so will open a seat for another attendee. You will be able to access the recording once available. Recordings for live sessions may take up to two hours to before they are available.
Do I have to reserve a spot in a session to attend?
You are not required to reserve a spot in a session. However, if the session reaches capacity and you did not reserve a spot, you will be unable to join.
There are some VIP sessions as well as a Board Meet & Greet session that I would like to attend. However, I am unable to add it to my schedule.
These are exclusive sessions only available to certain attendees.
How much does Summit registration cost?
The full cost to attend the virtual Summit is $800. We also offer discounted rates for those who register no later than July 31st, government employees, and workshop presenters.
|CATEGORY||EARLY BIRD (until July 31st)||REGULAR|
How do I register as a government employee or workshop presenter?
Please contact Registration@outandequal.org to obtain the separate link to register as a Government employee or workshop presenter. Please note that you must have a .gov or .mil email address to be eligible for the Government rate. If you are planning to submit a workshop proposal, please wait to register until you are notified of your proposal status.
What forms of payment are accepted?
For the 2021 Workplace Summit, all registrations must be paid for with a credit card. Registrations will not be considered complete without the application of a credit card, so please have a credit card available before beginning your registration.
If your company requires that you make a payment via check, please contact Registration@outandequal.org to pre-pay for your registration. You will be issued a code which can be used to settle your balance online in the registration process. Your registration code will be issued once payment is processed.
PARTNER COMPLIMENTARY REGISTRATION CODES
I was given a code to register and it isn’t working. What do I do?
Please contact Summit Registration at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance applying your code to your registration.
My company is a Summit partner, but I was not given a discount code. Where do I retrieve my code?
As a partner, your company may have been given a limited number of complimentary codes for company attendees. These codes MUST be distributed by the designated partnership contact at your company, and cannot be distributed by Summit Registration or Out & Equal. If you believe you should have received a code for registration, please contact your company representative. If you do not know who the company representative is, please contact Partnerships@outandequal.org.
How do I register a group?
If you’d like to register a group of over 10 attendees, please contact Registration@outandequal.org.
I can no longer attend and no one can go in my place. What do I do?
A $100 Cancellation Processing Fee will be charged for all cancellation requests and the following additional fees will apply:
– Until July 30: registration purchase is 100% refundable (except for mandatory $100 processing fee)
– From July 31 to September 3: 50% of the total registration purchase is refundable.
– No refund of any kind will be given for cancellation notices received after September 3, 2021.
I can no longer attend but someone else can go in my place. How do I substitute?
Name changes and substitutions for registrations from the same organization are welcomed until September 3, 2021. After this point, transfers will not be accepted and refunds for cancellations will not be given.
Please contact Summit Registration at email@example.com for assistance substituting your registration.