Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal is seeking to hire three Interns to support a variety of areas over a four-month period including Communications, Events, Corporate Engagement and Global Initiatives. The Interns must be creative, organized, good communication skills and highly motivated. The interns will potentially report to a matrix of different supervisors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
The Intern will be responsible for providing support across the Communications, Global, Events, and Corporate Engagement departments leading up to the 2017 Out & Equal Workplace Summit.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Support organizing global content/presenters for Leadership day and Summit
- Assist Director of Global Initiatives on analysis, reporting and data gathering
- Interact with in-country presenters and assist with presentation consolidation, presentation reviews, materials development, outreach, walk-throughs, and follow ups in support of Out & Equal global webinars
- Actively participate in team meetings and brainstorming sessions
- Work effectively with other departmental staff on Summit-related tasks
- Provide administrative support to Communications, Corporate Engagement and Events teams as needed
- Develop, write and publish content for social media applications, including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, as well as Out & Equal’s blog and organizational e-Newsletters
- Assist in creation of materials aimed at individual donors
- Prospect research for individuals, foundations and corporate sponsors
- Assist with item procurement for live and silent auction
- Assist with post-Summit stewardship follow-up
- Assist with Summit volunteer program
- Create and update reports for Summit staff
- Respond to inquiries about the annual Summit, including phone and email follow-up with Summit participants and volunteers
- Create and update detailed event and staff schedules
- Provide on-site support/information for volunteers, presenters, and general attendees
- Must be willing & available to travel to Philadelphia, PA for the Workplace Summit, October 7 – 13, 2017
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with LGBT issues
- A demonstrated commitment to equality for LGBT people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for work
- Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team style environments
- Proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Experience with social media
$19.00 per hour with expectation of working 37.5 hours per week with overtime paid at 1.5x.
The internship is expected to begin July 1, 2017 and conclude by October 31, 2017.
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.