Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal is seeking to hire an Operations Associate to support day- to-day office functions. This individual must be a creative, self-starter with an understanding of running an office and keen attention to detail. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
About the Opportunity
The Operations Associate is responsible for organizing and coordinating administration duties and office procedures by maintaining a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
The Associate is also responsible for scheduling meetings and appointments, ordering office supplies, and providing general administrative support to the Finance & Operations Department; ensuring the smooth running of the office and helping to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
- Manage vendor relationships and processes related to office equipment, office supplies, postal services and shipping, phone system, and other operational equipment
- Provide ongoing vendor review to ensure SLAs met and as needed replacement and/or consolidation to ensure cost effectiveness
- Oversee outgoing shipments and tracking to ensure arrival on time to the correct destination
- Maintain office environment –provide general housekeeping to ensure all staff areas are in optimal shape including moving furniture as required
- Troubleshoot office equipment (Printers, phones, postage ) and assist staff with IT issues
- Order supplies as needed
- Manage IT Inventory List and check out IT equipment to staff
- Act as point of contact for onsite maintenance vendors
- Meet semi-annually (or more frequently if needed) with CFO and IT service provider personnel to go over IT strategies and projects
- Manage miscellaneous services including recycling, e-Waste, document shredding, IT purchases & repair
- Set-up phone and connectivity for new hires
- Enter contact information into Salesforce and Outlook
- Assist and lead special projects as assigned by CFO and Finance Manager
- High School degree or higher; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in office administration; operational functions is a plus
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
- Hands-on experience with office machines (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Salesforce experience a plus
Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation but 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review. The position reports to our CFO.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.