About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups, and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination. Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of Global Programs and Stakeholder Engagement, the Global Stakeholder Engagement Manager is responsible for managing and supporting the development of Out & Equal’s global and U.S. regional impact programming and the Global Hub. This individual will play a key role in program development and implementation, communications, resource development, and public policy engagement for major global businesses. The manager will work with a variety of stakeholders from corporations, non-profit and community organizations, and multilateral organizations both in the U.S. and around the world. This will be a partly public-facing role and relationship building-skills, acute attention to detail, and project management skills, and enthusiasm for the organization’s vision and mission with corporate change agents are essential to success.
This job is for you if:
- You have high standards for your work and are proud to contribute to a mission-driven organization.
- You are self-motivated and excited to learn and become a subject matter expert in current workplace inclusion trends.
- You are able to juggle multiple short and long-term projects independently.
- You are collaborative and flexible in your communication and project management styles.
- You’re excited about the prospect of joining a team that is making a difference in people’s lives every day.
Events & Conference Support
- Support the team’s events, which for now are mostly virtual and some will transition back into in-person. This
includes programming, communications, list management, production, and agenda development for domestic and global events.
- Working in partnership with the Senior Associate of Global Stakeholder Engagement, processes such as travel logistics, invitations, planning meetings, minutes, and other activities as needed.
- Take on public speaking roles at events (both virtual and in-person), acting as a subject matter expert and an ambassador of the organization.
- Form positive relationships with and work in partnership with our internal Events team as well as external partners and vendors.
- Manage the programming, outreach strategy, and communications strategy, in partnership across O&E internal teams, of the Southern States Forums and Global Forums.
- Take on leadership initiatives within our Global Hub to build engagement and membership. Support the Corporate Engagement team to effectively communicate the benefits of membership to partners. Assist the Senior Associate of Stakeholder Engagement in partnership management and administrative tasks.
- Support and sometimes lead the development and implementation of the organization’s Southern States and Global content and activities at key conferences and events including Workplace Summit and Executive Forum.
- Draft, review, and proof communications and collateral for our Southern States initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with our network of global partners and stakeholders, maintaining steady streams of communication regarding relevant updates and Out & Equal’s global programming.
- Oversee various programmatic email inboxes and respond to all relevant inquiries and requests.
- Work with the Communications team to create momentum, awareness and drive engagement and attendance at Out & Equal’s global and southern states programs and events.
- Represent Out & Equal to various stakeholders at small group business events and in large forums.
Research and Resource Development
- Play both a leading and supportive role in the development of new resources with research, drafting, and cataloging of materials.
- Conduct research on emerging domestic, global, and policy matters in support of the organization’s programs.
- Utilize conversations with partners, program feedback surveys, and relevant emerging topics in the field of workplace inclusion to develop themes for programming and resource development, including background research, consolidating presentations, speaker/partner outreach, logistical preparations, and follow-up communications.
Public Policy Engagement
- Monitor and anticipate significant policy changes that affect LGBTQ+ Workplace inclusion and report out to the relevant teams.
- Work across teams to co-develop toolkits and guides on private sector public policy engagement.
- Maintaining steady communication with partners on relevant projects and updates.
- Schedule and lead calls and meetings with partners, draft call agendas, and record and archive notes.
- Manage invoicing, reimbursements, and logistics for domestic events and globally focused events.
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, and all major organizational events
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experiences
As the incoming Manager of Global Stakeholder Engagement, you will possess many, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Public speaking skills as an ambassador to the organization for in-person and virtual engagements.
- Experience with grant administration and management.
- Full fluency and abilities to produce reports and analysis across Microsoft Office suite, namely well-designed PowerPoints; organized Word documents, and Excel spreadsheets. Experience with Salesforce is also a strong plus.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team; ability to collaborate across the organization.
- Superior organizational skills with high attention to detail and ability/desire to multi-task.
- Experience developing creative approaches to difficult communications challenges.
- Flexible and adaptable thinker, open-minded problem-solver with an ability to produce results despite changing or ambiguous circumstances, adaptive and willing to take on a variety of new assignments.
- Integrity, judgment, and discretion: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- A strong commitment to using intersectional approaches to promote Out & Equal’s mission of workplace inclusion for all; experience with LGBTQ issues and communities a plus.
- Language fluency beyond English a plus, particularly Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, French, and/or Spanish.
- Direct experience working in or with partners from the American South.
- Direct experience working in or with partners from Latin America and/or the Asia-Pacific region.
Salary Range: $68,000 to $78,000
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.