About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Events, this individual will be joining a three-member team responsible for planning and executing our annual LGBTQ events. Primary responsibilities include managing pre-event planning, on-site execution and post-event assistance for the Events Department. In addition, this position will work closely with corporate sponsor to ensure all event related contractual obligations are fulfilled. The ideal candidate is highly organized, detail-oriented, and deeply committed to our mission.
This job is for you if:
- You are passionate about creating high quality events
- You thrive in fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume work environments
- You enjoy working in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- You have a great sense of ownership of your work and are able to work independently on projects you manage
- You are proactive and detail orientated with all projects
- You possess excellent project and time management skills
- You excel at building and maintaining relationships
Event Planning and Execution
- Manage housing and rooming blocks with event venues
- Assist with speaker, talent and VIP management
- Assist with Engagement Center logistics
- Liaise with other Out & Equal departments to support our events
- Assist with pre-event planning and logistics for Global Events
- Assist with special projects as directed by the CEO
- Other duties as required
Corporate Sponsor Fulfillment
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate Engagement team and their sponsor contacts to successfully fulfill contractual obligations as it pertains to our events
- Develop and maintain great relationships with sponsor contacts
- Assist with coordination of on-site sponsor meetings
- Other duties as required
Desired Skills and Experiences
- 3-4 years of experience in the area of event planning (pre-event, on-site and post-event)
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, listening, decision-making and problem-solving) with the ability to work well and effectively with internal departments, sponsors and external vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively prioritize, manage and execute multiple tasks with accuracy while balancing multiple events and shifting timelines
- High level of organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Thrive in working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressured environments
- Successful with collaborating between internal departments
- Flexible work hours leading up to and during events
- The ability to travel for domestic events (1-3 times per year)
- A strong commitment to equality for members of the LGBT community and a passion for the Out & Equal’s mission
- Sponsorship experience
- Familiarity with PassKey is a plus
- Experience working for a non-profit organization
Compensation, Schedule, and Location
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Oakland, CA, with travel required approximately three times per year. Occasional work during evenings and weekends will be required. Compensation will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $50,000 to $60,000 per year.
Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks’ paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
How to Apply
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above and (2) your resume.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, submit a resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience here: https://outandequal.org/apply/