Town Calls are our monthly hour-long webinars held at 12:00 PM pacific time that feature guest speakers on current LGBT topics. We discuss the issues, policies, benefits, trends, and breaking news facing LGBT employees. This is an interactive learning experience with a Q&A session after each presentation. Town Calls are designed to help Employee/Business Resource Groups, Human Resources, executives, and busy professionals. We also serve private sector, federal, and non-profit employees. Town Calls are recorded so they can be used for training within your organization.
July 27 Town Call- Establishing and Growing LGBT Employee Resource Groups
Thursday, July 27 – 12:00pm Pacific
1pm Mountain | 2pm Central | 3pm Eastern
Since their inception, Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) helped create inclusive workplaces by connecting underrepresented groups. Today, successful ERGs and Business Resource Groups (BRGs) also support the businesses’ diversity & inclusion efforts and positively impact the company’s bottom-line. Join leaders from OutWest, Bank of The West’s LGBT employee resource group, as they share best practices, outline the key elements of a successful ERG strategy, and highlight opportunities to improve your impact. OutWest will be joined by leaders from LGBT employee resource groups at Comcast, First Data and Symetra for a panel discussion. Whether you are just establishing an ERG, need to revitalize your ERG or take the next step to becoming a BRG, this month’s town call will provide you with necessary insights and tools.
- Justin Knepper, Vice President- Small Business Banking Program Manager | OUTWest Founder & Chair, Bank of the West
- Abel Raposo, Assistant Vice President & Sales Program Officer | OUTWest Resource & Education Manager, Bank of the West
- Hector Sanchez, Assistant Vice President- ACH Supervisor | OUTWest Program Manager, Bank of the West
- Karen Feliciano, Vice President of Operations | Co-Head UNITY Coral Springs Chapter, First Data
- Cecilia Isaacs-Blundin, Senior Director, Diversity & Inclusion | OUT ERG Co-Lead, Comcast
- Desiree Zaccaria, Marketing Analyst | Vice President & Cofounder- Friends of Swifty, Symetra
2017 Upcoming Schedule: What’s Next?