LGBT WORKPLACE SUMMIT CONVENES IN DALLAS OCTOBER 25-28, 2011
Unparalleled Programming on LGBT Diversity, Global Issues and More!
October 17, 2011: Executives, human resources and diversity professionals, employee resource groups and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people and allies will gather in Dallas, Texas, on October 25-28 to consider ways to advance workplace equality. The Out & Equal Workplace Summit, held annually since 1999, draws more than 2,500 attendees—this year from 26 countries—to share their best practices and ideas for creating workplaces where LGBT people are safe, accepted, and valued.
The event is sponsored by 126 corporations, including presenting sponsors Dell, Hewlett-Packard, IBM and Northrop Grumman.
Conference highlights include:
Dynamic speakers, including business executives, celebrities, journalists, and activists:
TUESDAY: Sander van 't Noordende, Group Chief Executive, Accenture; Kathy Martinez, Assistant Secretary for Disability Employment Policy; Andy Cohen, Bravo's Senior Vice President of Original Programming and Development; and Candis Cayne, the first transgender actress to have a recurring role on a prime-time series.
WEDNESDAY: Paul Bell, President of the Public & Large Enterprise Business Unit, Dell; Meredith Baxter, actress, writer, and activist; LZ Granderson, CNN and ESPN contributor; and Rick Welts, President of the Golden State Warriors.
THURSDAY: Donna Brazile, Renowned Political Strategist and Commentator; Mike Ullman, Chairman and CEO, JCPenney; and Selisse Berry Founding Executive Director, Out & Equal.
Powerful featured panels will look in depth at aspects of workplace equality on:
• Intersections of Ability, Orientation and Identity
• Inside LGBT: Being a Trans Community Ally
• Multiple Identities: Engaging LGBT Employees from Communities of Color
• The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in Driving Innovation
• We Count - Determining the Size of the LGBT Community and Why It's Important
• Workplace Bullying and LGBT Employees
• Bisexuality in Our Cultures and Our Lives: A Panel of Experts
• Employee, Parent, LGBT: The Fun and Challenges of Being a LGBT Parent at Work
• Finally Out at Work - Serving Openly in the Military
• Bigger, Bolder, Better: Leveraging Corporate Marketing for LGBT Social Good
• LGBT ERG of the Year Finalists: Employees Making a Difference
The Global Series, sponsored by IBM, will look at the state of workplace equality in Australia, Canada, Europe, and India, as well as considering the plight of LGBT refugees and the ways in which globalization is impacting the LGBT experience.
Each year, the conference bestows the Outie Awards to individuals and corporations who are making a significant contribution to workplace equality.
This year’s Gala Dinner on Thursday evening is sponsored by Hewlett-Packard and Northrop Grumman, and hosted by political humorist and entertainer, Kate Clinton. The dinner will open with Dallas ensemble, the Turtle Creek Chorale, as they serenade guests with its 120-person chorale. We will welcome special guests—activist, comedian, and actress Margaret Cho and Broadway superstar, Wilson Cruz—who will share their experience about navigating the world of entertainment while remaining true to themselves.
JCPenney will proudly showcase fall fashions from its extensive private and exclusive brands at the reception preceding the dinner. The evening will also capture remarks by Chairman, CEO and President of Northrop Grumman, Wes Bush, as well as local politician, Ft. Worth City Councilman, Joel Burns.
On Friday, October 28, exceptional trainers will present a series of Leadership Seminars:
• Cultural Competency/Humility for Leaders
• Developing a Strong LGBT Ally Program
• ERGs Working towards Success Across Affinities
• Implementing Transgender Inclusion: Comprehensive Programming to Ensure Workplace Equality
• Inclusion at All Levels - From the Board Room to the Stock Room
• LGBT Diversity Leadership Train the Trainer Course
More than 140 workshops, plus luncheons, networking opportunities, and a film series will round out the week’s events.
Full registration, Gala Dinner tickets, and day passes are all available onsite at the Hilton Anatole Hotel in Dallas, beginning on October 25.
For more information, please visit the conference website at
# # #
Note: Media is welcome to attend; press passes will be available at registration.