About Out & Equal Indiana
What does Out & Equal Indiana do?
- Assist HR with LGBT issues and policies
- Share best practices to grow our ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) and other business related affinity networks
- Educate our membership and members of our companies about LGBT workplace issues
2012 Meeting Schedule
* February 21, 2012 – United Way
* May 22, 2012 – Indiana Youth Group
* August 14, 2012 – Covance (Greenfield, IN)
* November 13, 2012 – Deloitte
Out & Equal Indiana Leadership Council
Bill Hendrix, Dow AgroSciences
Stephen Gardner, Covance
Christine Parren, RCI/Wyndham
Mary Jo Baughman, WellPoint, Inc.
Nancy Craig, Eli Lilly and Company
Jacqueline Patterson, Cummins
Brad Springman, Cummins
Steven Wensing, Dow AgroSciences
Jim Lyons, Deloitte
Joining Out & Equal Indiana
Interested in linking your company to Out & Equal Indiana?
Your company must meet these five requirements:
Agree with our Mission Statement. We are Out & Equal Indiana and we exist to champion an inclusive environment for all Indiana companies by fostering cross-company communication, providing personal and professional networking and development opportunities, sharing best practices, and celebrating our diversity while benefiting our companies, workplace communities, and families.
Agree with the goals laid out on this page.
Provide a company logo to be displayed on Out & Equal Indiana's regional communications.
Identify one, two or more employees who are committed to regularly attending meetings and participating in council activities (planning meetings and events, planning for Pride, etc.).
Secure official company support and sponsorship for doing this. Your company's support of Out & Equal Indiana should have a key sponsor in higher management, such as an HR leader.