About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
Reporting to the Director of HR and Operations, the Operations Manager is integral to Out & Equal’s day-to-day and long-term operational success. Key responsibilities include office management and human resources administration.
Out & Equal is guided by the values of boldness, collaboration, excellence, grit, personal ownership, and contributing to a sense of belonging for all in the workplace.
This job is for you if:
- You’re passionate about doing the behind-the-scenes work that drives an organization’s mission and supports its culture.
- You’re a systems-minded thinker who loves to create and maintain order in complex and fast-moving environments.
- You pride yourself on thoroughness: You thrive on managing various projects without losing track of details or letting balls drop.
- You get a sense of satisfaction from developing and maintaining smoothly-running processes.
- You think critically and take initiative: You proactively identify problems and areas for improvement, develop creative solutions, and change your environment for the better.
- You are motivated to serve our mission by making Out & Equal a great place to work.
- You have a great sense of ownership of your work and attention to detail. You like to make sure things are done right 100% of the time.
- You get excited about continuous improvement: You are always identifying new ways to make your work environment better or more efficient.
- You are guided by a lens of inclusion in all your work – from daily interactions with colleagues to designing systems and policies
Operations & Office Management:
- Develop and execute day-to-day operational procedures to support a smoothly-running office and serve as the go-to person for all office-related needs
- Manage inventory and procurement of office supplies
- Maintain office equipment and work with vendors to maintain office equipment
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace, serving as first point of contact for building management and maintenance
- Staff meeting management: Maintain calendars and agendas, and provide logistical support for staff meetings and gatherings
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and shipments
- Other duties as required
- Maintain and develop processes for operational onboarding of new staff so that each new employee is set up for success from day one
- Manage recruitment of new positions: post positions, schedule interviews, and process applications with Director of HR and Operations
- Redesign and maintain HR filing systems
- Serve as primary contact with HR benefits providers and track employee benefits, including time off, insurance/open enrollment, FSA, 401k, and transit benefits.
- Support performance planning and review processes
- Play a critical role in advancing an organizational culture where diversity, equity, and inclusion are prioritized
- Assist with general HR projects as needed
- Work closely with IT support consultants on regular maintenance and major projects
- Provide troubleshooting and support for basic technology fixes
- Maintain electronic files, including managing a reorganization of electronic filing systems
- Assist in procurement and maintain equipment inventory
Desired Skills and Experiences
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience (in operations, HR, administrative/executive support, or a similar role)
- Comfortable building relationships and managing across an organization: Credibility and ability to motivate others at all levels, comfort holding self and others accountable to commitments.
- Customer service orientation and impeccable people skills: Responding to the needs of our staff and external partners will be a key element of success in this role
- Outstanding organizational, project management, and time management skills: Demonstrated ability to move multiple projects forward while managing daily tasks.
- Software: Highly proficient in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook; Salesforce a plus.
- Collaborative and comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Integrity, judgment, and discretion: Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Comfort with technology, and eagerness and confidence learning new tech skills
- Ability to manage incoming and outgoing shipments, including moving packages that weigh up to 40 pounds as necessary.
Compensation, Schedule, and Location
This is a full time, salaried position based in San Francisco, CA, with travel required once or twice per year. Salary will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $55k to $65k. Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks’ paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
How To Apply
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above, and (2) your resume.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, submit a resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience here: http://outandequal.org/apply/
Providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all is at the heart of Out & Equal’s mission, and we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through our hiring practices and the values we bring to our work every day. We strongly encourage people of color, trans and nonbinary people, people with disabilities, and women to apply. Out & Equal complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.