Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference?
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal is seeking to hire a Foundation Manager to lead and execute our Foundation programs and will be responsible for researching potential foundations, writing LOIs and grants, building foundation relationships, and securing sustainable institutional funding. We are looking for a smart, cooperative, energetic candidate to join our Development & Corporate Engagement Department. This position reports to the Corporate Engagement Director.
- Develop, manage, launch and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for foundation giving, including proposals and negotiation of institutional partnership agreements.
- Research potential funders and write grant proposals and letters of inquiry for new and existing agency programs and general operations. Lead conversations and coordinate with key management and program staff on new funding strategies.
- Manage all aspects of grant awards including reporting on program outcomes, interpreting award terms, communicating with grantors, maintaining agency grant records.
- Maintain grant writing calendar for new and recurring proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and other related deadlines. Communicate and coordinate upcoming deadlines with appropriate staff as needed.
- Maintain all grant records, communications, documentation and reports on Salesforce CRM and the Development shared Grants folder as appropriate.
- Coordinate funder requests for site visits with appropriate staff. Prepare and brief all participants with appropriate information needed for a successful visit.
- Assume overall relationship management responsibility for institutional partners.
- Oversee execution of recognition and benefits related to foundation commitments including activation, agreements, signage, on communications, and collateral materials.
- Work with Corporate Engagement, Communications, Global Initiatives, Education and Training, Research and other departments to develop and execute partnerships.
- Work with internal stakeholders (and outside agencies of record) to develop strategies and programs to drive partnerships.
- Work with department team members to steward existing partnerships.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of corporate and foundation fundraising techniques.
- Demonstrated ability in proposal writing for varied proposal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods, practices and procedures for obtaining information about the giving programs of foundations.
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective foundation donors, and interact via telephone and in person with institutional representatives. primary responsibility for diverse
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- 3-5 years of institutional fundraising experience.
- Extremely strong writer with proven track record of crafting complex grant applications.
- Thorough understanding of donor management and the ability to manage relationships with internal staff, as well as foundation contacts.
- Manage the pipeline of foundation and corporate partners including past donors, those currently being cultivated, and future prospects (including tracking in Salesforce).
- Skilled at developing project metrics and deliverables and working with program teams to monitor grant progress.
- Ability to use and maintain fundraising databases and experience with data reporting. Experience with Salesforce CRM desirable.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic, and sense of humor.
- Experience with or understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
- Knowledge of, comfort with, and interest in creating fair and equitable workplaces for LGBT people.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k).
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered. If your skills and experience are a good match for this position, we will contact you for an interview. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.