This role will have the opportunity to work directly with Out & Equal founder and CEO, Selisse Berry, in Washington DC along with corporate executives and government leaders.
- Develop, launch, promote, execute and support the acquisition of new foundation giving to generate revenue and engage new prospective institutional partners
- Write LOIs and grants as well as reports for current grants
- Research and identify prospective partners within specified criteria
- Develop proposals and deliver presentations via email, phone, online grant applications, and in person
- Assume overall relationship management responsibility for new partners
- Oversee execution of recognition and benefits related to foundation commitments including activation, agreements, signage, online and offline communication channels, and collateral materials
- Work with Communications, Events and other departments to develop and execute partnerships
- Demonstrate a commitment to Out & Equal and the mission of the organization
- Work with internal stakeholders (and outside agencies of record) to develop strategies and programs to drive partnerships
- Work with department team members to steward existing partnerships as needed
- Social and cultural competence: able to work with many different people and personalities from diverse backgrounds with ease;
- Highly organized: able to successfully manage many projects with multiple moving parts: multi-tasking is the name of the game
- Teamwork: able to work effectively with colleagues and volunteers yet able to take the projects on with minimal supervision
- Tech-Savvy: Comfort with online platforms
- Smart and interesting: able to catch on to ideas quickly, and run with them in interesting directions
- Fast-paced: ready to keep up with a fast pace without loss of accuracy in the details
- Professional: knows how to act in a professional setting that sets the tone for others
- Committed: passion for the mission of Out & Equal
- Education: BA or BS degree
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task; reliability in meeting deadlines
- Ability to use initiative effectively and appropriately: working in a hands-on environment with limited resources
- Computer literacy; specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint & use of Salesforce
- A strong commitment to equality for members of the LGBT community
- Self-starter; able to work independently, and as part of a team
- Experience with or understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
- Knowledge of, comfort with, and interest in creating fair and equitable workplaces for LGBT
Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including wait periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review.
Targeted start date would be as soon as possible and Manager will work from our Washington, DC. location.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to TTalbot@outandequal.org. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.