Join a dynamic team of movement leaders creating global LGBT workplace equality!
After 20 years successfully leading the LGBT workplace equality movement from the San Francisco office, Out & Equal is hiring our first Director of East Coast Development in Washington, DC. This position will have the opportunity to execute LGBT workplace equality through relationship building, stewarding corporate and public partnerships and acting as a representative of the organization in key East Coast cities. The ideal candidate will be a driven, outgoing person who excels at building relationships with a strong understanding of and fervent commitment to LGBT workplace equality. Key strengths include communications, fundraising and event management.
This role will have the opportunity to work directly with Out & Equal founder and CEO, Selisse Berry along with corporate executives and government leaders.
The East Coast Director will be responsible for the following (including but not limited to):
• Develop & implement an East Coast engagement strategy with focus on our East Coast presence
• Oversee DC and East Coast events as part of the engagement strategy
• Provide direction to DC staff and manage day-to-day operations in DC shared office space
• Grow Out & Equal East Coast presence through new corporate partnerships, new agency
relationships and through key individual donors
• Travel to and engage with East Coast constituents from Boston to Orlando
• Manage Team of volunteers through Regional Affiliate oversight
• Team with federal agencies and develop business partnerships accordingly
• Increase individual giving of East Coast constituents and donors
• Organize and schedule key stakeholder engagements with CEO
• Represent Out & Equal when needed at meetings and events
• Bachelor’s required; Master’s Degree preferred
• Knowledge of key people, organizations, and stakeholders on the East Coast and in Washington
• Existing relationships with government agencies and organizations on the East Coast & in
• Background in relationship building
• Background in media relations and communications
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with and understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
• Experience with and understanding of non-profit, mission-based advocacy (a clear knowledge of
lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues a definite plus)
• Strong skill with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Social Media or similar
• Ability to work with ease with many different people and personalities from diverse
• Ability to successfully manage many projects with multiple moving parts
• Ability to work effectively with staff, officers, and constituents
• Comfort with online platforms and social media
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and focus on accuracy in the small details
• Ability to act in a professional setting that sets the tone for others
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of time
Salary depends on experience
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employerpaid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including wait periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review. The East Coast Director will work from Washington, DC and will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The targeted start date would be as soon as possible.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to TTalbot@outandequal.org. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.