Join a dynamic team of movement leaders creating global LGBT workplace equality!
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal Global Initiatives Department is seeking an Associate to provide support in delivering key global programs and activities. This position will support the department’s efforts to develop and maintain global partnerships, organize and implement global events, create and deliver global training, education and resources for corporate partners.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Global Initiatives and is based in our San Francisco, CA office.
The Global Initiatives Associate key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support Global Initiatives event programming including Global Forums which includes logistics, communications, production, agenda development, invitations, meeting minutes and other activities as needed
- Schedule and support bi-monthly Global Webinar series including interacting with in-country presenters, assisting with consolidating presentations, reviews, developing materials, outreach, and walk-throughs
- Assist with the administration of the Out & Equal Global Fellows program, including communications, outreach, documentation, logistics and follow-up
- Assist Sr. Director of Global Initiatives in managing Out & Equal’s global and regional networks:
- Global Champions
- Global Advisory Committees
- Global Partner Network
- Regional Affiliates
- Support the development and implementation of the organization’s globally focused content and activities at key conferences and events including Workplace Summit
- Conduct research and assist Research Manager with projects as needed; especially in context of Global impact and issues
- Assist Sr. Director of Global Initiatives as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proven knowledge of and interest in global affairs
- Familiarity with LGBT issues
- Experience in a corporate and/or non-profit environment
- A demonstrated commitment to equality for LGBT people
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Positive outlook and enthusiasm for work
- Ability to work proficiently in both individual and team style environments
- Proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- International experience and non-profit experience are pluses
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Salary is between $40,000 – $50,000.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation but 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.