Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: ASAP (2018)
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create workplace equality inclusive of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
Based in San Francisco, Out & Equal Workplace Advocates has a diverse full-time staff that serves a network of affiliates, employee resource groups, trainers, LGBTA executives and a growing family of advocates around the globe.
The Executive Assistant provides support to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer. Responsibilities may include screening calls; managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; training and supervising other support staff; project management, and customer relations. Requires strong computer and Internet research skills, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
A commitment to Out & Equal’s mission is essential to the role. Candidates should have knowledge of, comfort with, and interest in creating fair and equitable workplaces for LGBT people. We strongly encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for activities supporting the CEO and COO. Below are some but not all the responsibilities:
- Calendar management
- Note taking and follow-up on action items
- Arranging travel
- Meeting coordination
- Communicating with key external contacts
- Fielding incoming calls and requests
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Experience in administrative support
- Understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
- Experience with and understanding of non-profit, mission-based advocacy (a clear knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender issues a definite plus)
- Strong skill with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Social Media.
- Social and cultural competence: able to work with many different people and personalities from diverse backgrounds with ease;
- Highly organized: able to successfully manage many projects with multiple moving parts: multi-tasking is the name of the game
- Excellent communication skills
- Teamwork: ability to work effectively with staff, board and officers
- Tech-Savvy: Comfort with online platforms and social media
- Fast-paced: ready to keep up with a fast pace, yet doesn’t lose accuracy in the small details
- Professional: knows how to act in a professional setting that sets the tone for others
- Committed: passion for the mission of Out & Equal
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Salary is dependent on experience.
Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation but 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k). Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.