About Out & Equal
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer workplace equality.
We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination.
Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
The Events Associate is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Associate Director of Events. Key responsibilities include supporting pre-event planning, on-site execution and post-event assistance for the Events Department. In addition, this position will build and maintain positive relationships with corporate sponsors by ensuring all event-related contractual obligations are fulfilled.
This job is for you if:
- You are passionate about producing high quality events and creating amazing experiences for guests, speakers, and participants
- You excel at building relationships
- You enjoy working in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- You are thorough and detail orientated with all projects and have a great sense of ownership of your work
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Event Planning and Execution:
- Develop and execute day-to-day operational procedures to support a smoothly-running office and serve as the go-to person for all office-related needs
- Manage inventory and procurement of office supplies
- Maintain office equipment and work with vendors to maintain office equipment
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace, serving as first point of contact for building management and maintenance
- Staff meeting management: Maintain calendars and agendas, and provide logistical support for staff meetings and gatherings
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and shipments
- Other duties as required
Corporate Sponsor Fulfillment
- Act as a liaison between the Corporate Engagement team and their sponsor contacts
- Develop and maintain great relationships with sponsor contacts
- Oversee sponsor registration (i.e. process registration invoices, distribute registration codes)
- Assist with coordination of on-site sponsor meetings
- Manage and review the sponsor contract database in order to track event related contractual obligations
- Prior experience in the area of event planning (pre-event, on-site and post-event)
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, listening, decision-making and problem-solving) with the ability to work well and effectively with internal departments, sponsors and external vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to effectively prioritize, manage and execute multiple tasks with accuracy while balancing multiple events and shifting timelines
- High level of organization, attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Thrive in working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic and high-pressured environments
- Flexible work hours leading up to and during events
- The ability to travel for domestic events (1-3 times per year)
- A strong commitment to equality for members of the LGBT community and a passion for the Out & Equal’s mission
- Sponsorship and fundraising experience
- Familiarity with event registration and auction software is a plus
- Experience working for a nonprofit organization
Compensation, Schedule, and Location
This is a full time, nonexempt position based in San Francisco, CA, with travel required approximately three times per year. Hourly wage will be determined upon hiring, commensurate with the candidate’s experience and skills, but will be in the range of $22-$24 per hour.
Out & Equal’s generous benefits package includes four weeks’ paid vacation in addition to 10 office holidays and sick leave; fully employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance for staff members; FSA and commuter benefits; EAP; life and disability insurance; and 401k plan with employer match and a 6% safe harbor contribution after one year.
How To Apply
Applications must include: (1) a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position and the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above, and (2) your resume.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis.
To apply, submit a resume and a detailed cover letter outlining your specific interest in this position and your relevant experience here: http://outandequal.org/apply/
Providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace for all is at the heart of Out & Equal’s mission, and we are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through our hiring practices and the values we bring to our work every day. We strongly encourage people of color, trans and nonbinary people, people with disabilities, and women to apply. Out & Equal complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.