Do you believe in LGBT equality? Would you like to work with a dynamic team of coworkers? Are you interested in a career where you can make a difference? Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the pre-eminent non-profit organization dedicated to winning global workplace equality for all lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
Out & Equal has an excellent opportunity for an Associate Director of Affiliates. The candidate is responsible for managing Out & Equal’s Affiliate program, its Employee Resource Group (ERG) relations and launching a Global Affiliates program. The position will be located in our San Francisco office and will report to the Sr. Director of Global Initiatives.
In partnership with Out & Equal headquarters, our Affiliates produce educational and networking events that share best practices and discuss important LGBT workplace issues. Affiliates serve the needs of individual employees, leaders of local Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), and human resources professionals. Out & Equal Affiliates are organized and led by local regional councils, ensuring that they have the flexibility to meet the needs of their community while remaining connected to our organization.
The successful candidate will bring at least five years of professional experience in project management, partnership development, and volunteer network management. A professional approach, a proactive and positive attitude, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team are all important attributes for this position. Experience with corporate constituents is essential.
- Expand, engage and motivate Out & Equal’s volunteer leadership networks in the U.S. and globally; develop and manage the necessary infrastructure to support program effectiveness
- Develop the Out & Equal Affiliate program and expand Affiliate Council leadership and effectiveness
- Develop, launch and grow a global counterpart to Out & Equal’s existing Affiliate program
- Provide leadership development opportunities through all programs, focused on identifying and recruiting volunteer participants and nurturing leadership throughout the network
- Oversee communication flow with affiliates, including day-to-day communications assistance, email campaigns, and monitoring web-presence.
- Work with Corporate Engagement department to support affiliates’ fundraising efforts
- Work with Affiliate leadership teams, providing support to ensure that events are well-executed, including registration, communications and marketing functions using Out & Equal platforms, guidelines and templates
- Ensure that affiliate activities comply with Out & Equal Internal Control Policies and Procedures; monitoring Out & Equal brand, financial controls, and contractual obligations and council procedures and member terms
- Ensure that Out & Equal commitments are met and programs executed at the highest level of quality.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of comprehensive experience working with multiple volunteer stakeholders in geographically dispersed locations in regional and/or global chapter community
- Experience with and understanding of corporate workplaces and cultures
- Familiarity and experience with LGBT issues
- Experience with and understanding of non-profit, mission-based advocacy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong skills with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Social Media and EventBrite/Constant Contact or similar
- Ability to successfully manage many projects with multiple moving parts
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and volunteers while taking on projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel throughout the year
- Passion for the mission of Out & Equal
- Experience with LGBT Employee Resource Groups
Salary depends on experience. Benefits include 3 weeks paid vacation and 6 personal/discretionary days, a comprehensive employer-paid health and welfare program, commuter discount program, life insurance, and 401(k) after one year of service. Details of each program, including waiting periods and eligibility criteria, are available for review.
Join Out & Equal’s dedicated team of employees who believe in our organization’s mission of encouraging everyone to bring their best self to work every day. We strongly encourage people of all backgrounds, ethnicities and gender identities to apply.
Interested candidates please send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes submitted without a cover letter will not be considered. If your skills and experience are a good match for this position, we will contact you for an interview. No phone calls please.
For more information, visit our website www.outandequal.org.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.